Sign Up to be added to my readers' group and receive the first chapter of The Unscripted Life of Lizzy Dillinger!
Recently, two of my friends nominated me for the Liebster and Very Inspiring blog awards. Michael of It Rains… You Get Wet and Liv Rancourt have been big supporters of mine and I can’t express my appreciation enough. They will never know how much they have kept me going… (Including the week I was deciding whether or not to keep writing, they both unknowingly nominated me…)
But in true blog awards fashion, that’s enough about them, for now. Let’s turn it all to me.
I must tell you a few things about myself. Liebster asks for 11 and Very Inspiring asks for 7 so I’m giving you 9.
1. I was a nanny in Germany. I’m pretty sure this is where I picked up my amazing child-rearing abilities. I’m a better mom when I speak to my kids in German. I believe this is because they can’t understand me.
2. I became hooked on English literature when I bought Anne’s House of Dreams (book 5 of Anne of Green Gables). But I thought it was a “romance” when I bought it. At age 10.
3. I bought Anne’s House of Dreams after finishing EVERY Sweet Valley High book written at that time. (Jessica was a *****.)
4. I pride myself in buying amazing shoes. However, my friend Hollie says this needs an asterisk next to my horse Birkenstocks.
5. I befriend people who are often wrong. (See number 4).
6. I did my best to build a house in New England cottage style and design in the middle of Montana.
7. I like to leave rants on friends phones. Occasionally the subject has been how no one truly appreciates my horse Birkenstocks.
8. People think I have a more wild side than I actually do. I think this is due to the fact I’m ok with drinking Diet Coke at seedy bars.
9. I question if I should’ve bought the cow Birkenstocks instead.
The Liebster Award then asks me to answer the questions Michael gave me; so here it goes.
1. What is your favorite song or piece of music you put on to pull you out of a funk?
This changes often. Right now: Somebody Told Me by the Killers and Forever Young sung by Youth Group due to my current O.C. problem.
2. Favorite book you read (or listened to) in 2012?
Imperfections by Brad Somer. I met him and then I read it. Meet authors whenever you can. It makes the books better.
3. Frank Capra’s James Stewart or Anthony Mann’s?
Frank Capra’s. (Please don’t tell my father.)
4. Your favorite British film is?
Lawrence of Arabia. But Monty Python’s Holy Grail is very close.
5. What is your preferred Paddy Chayefsky screenplay (for television or motion pictures)?
6. What was the best-loved book you read in high school?
Emma by Jane Austen. I read it for fun and then I had to interpret a section of it for an entrance exam. I think this was the first time I truly felt studious. And perhaps pretentious.
7. The best movie you saw as a high school senior?
Defending Your Life. I remember laughing so hard I couldn’t breath.
8. Your most-liked song before graduating high school?
Losing My Religion by REM. There may have been a slight obsession with the band. It’s all very vague now. And sealed by the courts.
9. Evelyn Mulray or Diana Christensen?
Diana Christensen (flows with #5)
10. Your favorite film that you don’t ever want to see again?
Lawrence of Arabia
*on DVD. I saw it in a theater in college. I could do that again.
11. The one song that will instantly cause you to change the cable channel, radio station, whatever, when it comes on is?
Real Housewives. I just can’t do it. You’d think I could, but I can’t. I’m sorry.
Now is the time I’m supposed to nominate others for these awards but I want to do something different. I want to highlight the people who nominated me and tell you to read them.
It Rains… You Get Wet has taught me an amazing amount about film. He writes; I google and watch. My favorite posts are his answers to surveys because I find gems I didn’t know about. He is an encouraging blogger whose comments make my day. If you are interested in film, look him up. Your life will be better.
Liv Rancourt is an author of paranormal chick- lit and romance. She is also a nurse and one of the best SongPop players ever. I am often amazed at all she does and how supportive she is of writers in general. Her blog is the perfect place for links to other authors, information on writing, and life. And she just got gorgeous head shots so you can check her out literally.
And now it’s your turn… I want to know what one of your answers to the 11 questions would be…