Sign Up to be added to my readers' group and receive the first chapter of The Unscripted Life of Lizzy Dillinger!
I like to think I’ve matured along with my kids. I like to think my years of experience as a mom has made me a better one. Then I go through old posts and I see that I really haven’t changed all that much. I still like to give better reasons for my kids being late than the fact I hit snooze.
I let my kids give their own excuses once they hit middle school, but I still like to entertain the elementary school staff. It’s been a while since I’ve been very creative. I must do better.
1. All three of my kids bathed this morning and that adds 20 minutes to my routine.
2. I washed my hair and that adds 20 minutes to my routine.
3. Kevin decided at 7:45pm the night before, we should go to the condo and get the tires so I can get the snow tires off. No one got to bed until 10pm.
4. The phrase “Get in the car” makes my two year old poop.
5. The phrase “Get in the car” makes all shoes magically disappear so that no child 7 0r 4 can find them.
6. I lay in bed until the last possible moment before getting up and dealing with waking my children up – not morning people.
7. My son gets upset when I forget HIS backpack.
8. We believe in being fashionably late.
9. We like to make entrances.
10. I decided to let my kids stay home for a day until I realized that means I would be home with them.
I found the picture from an old post as well. I felt like it applied to this post… I didn’t always do pictures in the old days so I’m getting creative.